The 18V X2 LXT Chain Saw is powered by two 18V LXT batteries, so you get maximum performance and run time for corded and gas-powered demands, without leaving the 18V LXT platform. Model XCU02PTX1 is a kit and includes two fast-charging 18V LXT 5.0Ah batteries and an 18V Dual Port Charger that will charge two batteries simultaneously for increased productivity and less downtime. The kit also includes an 18V LXT Brushless 4-1/2″ Angle Grinder, which is equipped with an efficient brushless motor and Automatic Speed Change technology for corded grinding performance without the cord. It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
The XCU02PT Chain Saw has a 12” guide bar and the Makita-built motor delivers 1,650 FPM for increased cutting speed, but with less noise (only 89dB(A)). It has zero emissions and reduced maintenance: there’s no engine oil to change, no spark plug to replace, and no air filter or muffler to clean. And there’s no need to drain the fuel for storage. Simply pick up your XCU02PT, load two 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries, and the saw is ready to use.
- Makita-built motor delivers 1,650 FPM chain speed for faster cutting
- Two 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries (included) deliver power and performance without leaving the 18V LXT platform
- Low noise level at only 89 dB(A) and zero emissions for operator comfort
- 12″ guide bar for increased capacity
- “Tool-less” chain adjustment for convenient operation and maintenance
- X-torque – delivers lower fuel consumption and reduced exhaust emission levels in accordance with the world´s most stringent environmental regulations
- Air injection – centrifugal air cleaning system removes larger Dust and debris Particles before reaching the air filter. This results in reduced air filter Cleanings and improved engine life
- Combined choke/stop control – allows for easier starting and reduces the risk of engine flooding
- Lowvib – system designed to reduce vibration levels to the operator, which lessens fatigue
- Air Purge – removes air from carburetor and fuel system for easy starting
Since 1910, Black & Decker has been setting the standard for innovation and design of power tools, accessories, outdoor yard care equipment, home cleaning products, automotive and lighting products, hardware, and other home improvement products. The inventor of the first portable electric drill with pistol grip and trigger switch, Black & Decker has evolved from a small machine shop in Baltimore, Maryland to a global manufacturing and marketing powerhouse with a broad line of quality products used in and around the home and for commercial applications.B&D has packaged this one fully assembled so the box is heavy on one end and light on the other. Amazon won’t ship it to AK so I had to have it shipped to my 76-year old mother in TN so she could ship it to me. The 20-volt model is packaged so the weight is evenly distributed so that wasn’t an issue. Wish they would fix this.
This automatic chain oiling feature as the 20-volt model is a pain to keep remembering to manually oil it as I’m cutting. At first, I was a bit annoyed because I had to refill the oil well at least twice during a single use and it seemed like the oil was soaking my sawdust and getting all over the wood, but that settled down after a few uses and when it’s cold (freezing), the oil moves a lot slower so I only need to fill it once per use.
There are battery level indicators that are absent on the 20-volt model though I don’t really use it. We just charge the thing up overnight and cut the next day until the battery is drained. That can take from 20-30 minutes depending on the size of the logs we’re tackling that day.
I get more than 2X’s the cutting time with the 40-volt battery than I do with the 20-volt battery. I don’t know why that it, but we’ve timed them both several times.
This chainsaw is easy to take apart to clean and maintain and easy to put back together on the fly. It’s not much heavier than the 20-volt model and even though I’m a great-grandmother, I have no problem using this saw every day.Great chain saw, worth every penny.
The biggest tree I have used this on was about 12 inches, took all day but this chain saw worked excellently. It eats through motor oil like it’s going out of style, so be sure to have some nearby when using this. I have cut roughly 2.5-3 cords worth of wood and it’s still holding up strong.The battery last about an hour with constant use and this didn’t bother me because I already had another battery from B&D Hedge clippers, so I just kept changing them out.
- 40V MAX Lithium Ion Battery for longer runtime and overall life
- 12″ premium bar and chain
- Automatic oiling system
- Tool-free chain tensioning for quick and easy chain adjustments. 40V MAX* 2.0Ah Battery provides over 60 4×4 pine lumber cuts on average per single charge
- Full wrap around handle for comfortable cutting in different orientations.
I’ve worn the original chain down and was able to buy an Oregon replacement chain here on Amazon for about $20. That’s real handy!
I’m very happy with my purchase though I had to jump through some hoops to get this.Great chain saw, worth every penny.
Purchased without battery . I used the battery from my greenworks weedeater. 40v 2a. Cost was around 50 bucks with prime 2 day shipping. Never owned a chainsaw of any kind. I was able to cut up the tree that feel over my fence line and remove a tree out of my grape vines and chop up the trunk before charge ran out. Figured this review will let you know what this chainsaw can handle and how long the charge will last. See attached pictures. All was done on one charge.
- ECO-FRIENDLY & SUPERIOR SAFETY: EPA approved for eco-friendly performance; quick stop inertia chain brake system with anti-kickback chain for additional safety.
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE: 45.1 cc pro-grade, double-cylinder, 2-stroke engine provides 10500±500 rpm max speed; no load speed.
- ADJUSTABLE OILER & ANTI-VIBE HANDLE: Adjustable auto chain oiler keeps bar well lubricated for optimal cutting speeds; anti-vibe handle features extremely low vibration to help reduce fatigue.
- LOW-CONSUMPTION ENGINE: Eco-boost engine ensures lower emissions, increased power and reduced fuel consumption; quick-start electronic ignition system for easy start-ups.
- EASY OPERATION & SIMPLE MAINTENANCE: Snap-lock cylinder cover provides easy access to the air filter; quick-release air filter for easy replacement; spark plug ensures simple routine maintenance.
This is a great light duty chainsaw. I decided to buy an electric chainsaw because of the hassles involved with a gas operated chainsaw. This particular model was highly rated by Consumer Reports. All you do is put bar and chain lubricating oil into the reservoir, plug it in, and you are ready to go. It cut down a 14 inch tree easily.The Chainsaw is rated at 3.5 hp and 14.5 amps. Electrical wire, no matter what material it is made out of, has a certain resistance to it. With an increase in cable length, the resistance causes a voltage drop in the circuit. The solution is easy enough. You should just choose the next sized larger ampacity wire size to lessen the effects, for instance, on a 15-amp circuit, you would normally use 14-gauge wire to supply the circuit. However, if the run is over 50′ long, you could use a 12-gauge wire instead which is rated for a 20-amp circuit. Likewise, a 20-amp circuit that normally is run with 12-gauge wire, should be run with 10-gauge wire if the the run is over 50′ long. Voltage drop on wires due to resistance causes hotter wires and less voltage to run the devices attached to it. You may have noticed the same effects of voltage drop when using an electric drill that is attached to a long extension cord. The drill still runs, but is often slower, with less torque, and tends to heat up more quickly. Voltage drop has a devastating effect on motors.
Planning ahead for circuit size, the distance it must travel, and what is going to be connected to it will save you money and frustration later.
-plenty of power
-ergonomically easy to use
-chain tensioning system works well
-quiet (compared to gas)
-no tip kick back
-Much cleaner, quieter and less of a hassle compared to gas.
-a cord can make things more challenging
-the oversized chain adjuster knob will loosen by rolling itself against the wood when making tight cuts on that side.
-uses way to much bar oil IMO. I get that the more lubrication the better but a little oil goes a long way. (old trade solution: use thicker oil)
-because of the no kick tip, it also won’t cut well at the tip. A good thing for safety. Not so good when you need the tip for carving a tight area.I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this to anyone.
- 24 Volt Max* battery-powered DC motor is powerful and convenient 24 Volt Max* high powered DieHard® lithium-ion battery with charger included
- 2.5 Amp hour battery features state of charge indicator to monitor battery charge and recharges a fully drained battery in 70 minutes Automatic chain oiler with oil level window takes guesswork and mess out of lubricating the blade
- 10-inch premium Oregon low-kickback bar & chain for improved cutting performance Tool free chain tensioning for faster and easier adjusting
- Cuts up to 30 four-inch pieces per charge Soft grip main handle for comfortable use
- All batteries and chargers are compatible with all Craftsman 24V Max* Lithium-Ion Lawn and Garden tools.
TIMBERPRO 62cc 20″ Petrol Chainsaw with 2 chains
- Powerful 62cc Air Cooled 2 Stroke Engine
- 20″ Bar and Chain, 2 Chains and Storage/Carry Bag
- Alloy Starting Mechanism, Assisted Started Mechanism
- Tool Kit in Storage Case
- Detailed English User Manual