The fan pivots back more than 90° as you may see from my picture. I was concerned the bigger flexvolt battery wouldn’t fit in it but it does with ease. I’m currently conducting a run till dead test to see how long it will run at high-speed with Dewalt’s strongest battery the flex volt 9.0 AH battery. Seems pretty well-made, however, I’m going to hang on to the box to carry it in just to protect it. I hope the DeWALT comes out with a carrying case for this. The hooks pull out from the base allowing you to hang the fan on the job site, which is a nice touch. As many have already posted you can plug it in but not while you have a battery in the battery socket. To use AC will need an extension cord with a female plug on one end just as the DeWALT power pack inverter uses. The description on Amazon says it includes a battery….well it does not. You can use any of the DewALT 20 V or 20/60 flex volt batteries. I paid $85 but it just dropped to $79…. so what are you waiting for?
Well Its run for 3 hours and the LEDs on the battery still show a full charge!
Now at over 16 hours of run time with battery now down to one led still going strong ….
Ok it ran over 17 hours on one charge on high with DeWALTs best battery!!
- Corded or cordless operation (extension cord sold separately)
- Multiple hanging options – freestanding, hang hooks, and wall mount
- Variable speed control – wide-range so you control the speed you want; Airflow – 500
- Testing to IP54 (Batteries are not included)
- Battery & Charger Sold Separately
The M18™ Jobsite Fan provides the most powerful airflow, and unmatched run-time in a compact size. The 0886-20 can circulate air over 40 feet, making it ideal for drying or cooling on a variety of jobsites. Powered by the M18™ REDLITHIUM™ battery the Jobsite Fan delivers up to 17 hours of run-time on low* for all day run-time on a single battery charge. This jobsite fan features a 120° adjustable head, 9 stopping positions and 3 speed settings which provide optimal airflow control. The 0886-20 also includes an AC adaptor for extended run-time. *17 hours with a M18 REDLITHIUM XC 5.0 battery (batteries and charger sold separately).
Includes fan and AC adapter. Battery/charger sold separately.
- Powerful Airflow System: Circulates Air Over 40 Feet
- Provides up to 17 hours of runtime on an REDLITHIUM™ XC5.0 Battery
- Adjustable Head: 120° Adjustable Head, and 9 Stopping Positions, Provide Best Control of Airflow Direction
- AC Adaptor Included for Extended Run-Time
- Four keyhole hangers and two hanging holes allow for multiple hanging orientations
- Compatible with all M18™ REDLITHIUM™ Batteries