Laptops, which were initially meant for assisting humans, have now grown into a new era and have emerged as a must-have gadget around us. Moreover, there are various categories which have evolved in laptops. Gaming being the modern requirement in a laptop is a primary aspect, which every user now desires of. With the growing laptop manufacturers in the market, the costs of laptops have been facing a downfall. Thanks to the above maxim, the power-packed work machines are now affordable and are easily accessible for everyone.
Well, a gaming laptop under 1000 dollars can do most of the tasks efficiently, but a laptop priced at around 1500 dollars can provide a better graphics output and performance.So, now you might have decided whether you should buy the gaming laptop under 1500 dollars or not. If you are planning to step down, then here are our top 10 picks of gaming laptops under $1000 and gaming laptops under $800. So, should you really spend $1500 on a gaming laptop? Well, if yes, then what are the best gaming laptops available to buy under 1500 dollars? Let’s find it out…
Alienware 17 R5 17-Inch Gaming Laptop
This is the new 2018 Alienware 17.3-inch laptop which sports a Full HD resolution anti-glare display with brightness up to 300-nits! It can satisfy almost all the core laptop users including the hardcore gamers. The laptop is powered by the newest 8th generation Intel core i7 processor clocked at 4.1GHz. Multitasking on the laptop is driven by an 8GB of latest DDR4 RAM which is ample for playing games and in case if you need more RAM then it also has an extra slot to upgrade the RAM up to 32GB. On the other side, storage on the laptop is backed by a 1TB of HDD. This laptop can run all the latest games without any problem, and it manages to stay cool all the times hence it has managed to top our list of the best gaming laptops under 1500 dollars.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060:
The GeForce GTX 1060 GPU has now come to laptops, powered by the ultra-fast, power-efficient NVIDIA Pascal GPU architecture. These notebooks come loaded with innovative new gaming technologies that make them ideal for the latest high-definition games and open the door to virtual reality and beyond.
Higher performance inside and out.
Built with premium materials and 8th Gen Intel Core i7 H-Series processor, the Alienware 17 is the ultimate evolution in high-performance gaming technology. Utilizing magnesium alloy for rigidity, copper for better performance, anodized aluminum for extra protection and steel for tactile comfort, it features a high-quality design for high-performance gaming. And with support for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics, and high-speed 8 GB DDR4 system memory capable of 2400 MHz, you can experience gaming on a whole new level.
Nothing between you and gaming:
Witness the difference an expansive 17-inch IPS screen can make with FHD – all with anti-glare finish. The 17″ FHD display is designed to deliver the smoothest gaming experience with a wide viewing angles and 300 nits of brightness.
Tech gamers need:
The Alienware 17 has been upgraded to give gamers the tools they need to be the best.
Killer Wireless: Killer 1550 802.11ac 2×2 WiFi and Bluetooth 5.0 provides wireless networking setups that prioritize internet traffic and data stream to the applications most important to you.
Alienware Graphics Amplifier support: Enables future-proofing of upgradeable full length, dual-wide graphics and additional 4-port USB 3.0 hub for added peripherals. We’ve added a PCIe x4 Gen 3 connection with dedicated throughput for connectivity that’s superior even to a Thunderbolt.
Designed to keep cool:
Higher maximum thermal design power (TDP) support means that your system can handle a higher total wattage for internal components, enabling a higher level of performance. With the entire ventilation system upgraded, your system can stay cool even under extreme graphics pressure.
Hear every battle cry: Due to the upgraded design, a larger and more effective speaker box has been installed, improving audio output for a clearer and more dramatic gaming experience.
Clear the desktop & the board: Avoid excess cables and embrace the “desktop mode” design, where most of your critical connections and ports are in the back and out of the way.
Razer Blade Stealth
- The 13.3” Razer Blade Stealth is available in a black or gunmetal gray finish. The gunmetal variant features a tone-on-tone Razer logo for a sleek, solid and professional design
- Experience amazing color saturation with the QHD+ 3200 x 1800 touch enabled display. Images are bright and clearly visible with wide viewing angles of up to 178°
- The 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8550U processor gives the Razer Blade Stealth 1.8GHz of processing power and Turbo Boost speeds up to 4.0GHz
- Every Razer Blade Stealth is CNC-milled from a single block of aircraft-grade aluminum for maximum durability and a sleek, beautiful form
Razer’s laptop build quality is absolutely excellent but I’ve never really dug the flashiness or RGB lighting of their laptops and peripherals. I was looking for a nice compact ultrabook for a while now and had my eye on Razer for a long time, and finally they released a permutation of their Stealth that does away with everything I don’t care for. I capitalized on a sale and got it for a good price and could not be happier with my selection. It is quite similar to my 2016 MBP and only falls a little short on the touch pad IMO, but it isn’t bad, just not quite as excellent as the MBP. I can’t find any flaws in this machine and I love that it plugs into the same LG 5k Ultrafine monitor using the Thunderbolt 3 port. For me, it’s as close to the Windows counterpart to my MBP that exists, and with the gunmetal gray it even looks quite similar.
- Amazing build quality
- Hands down one of the best looking laptop displays out there
- Amazingly light (~3 pounds)
- Responsive, surprisingly useful touchscreen
- Essentially silent while doing basic tasks
- Lightning fast thanks to the pcie based SSD
- Keyboard feels great.
- Not too loud as well
- Fair battery life at best
- Speakers are okay at best.
Asus ROG STRIX GL503VM Gaming Laptop
Strix GL503VM is a fine looking laptop with a lightweight and stylish black chassis. When it comes to the hardware of the laptop, it offers a very strong set of specifications for the price. The laptop is powered by the 7th Generation Intel core i7 processor clocked at 2.8GHz. The laptop comes preloaded with 16GB of RAM and 1TB hard drive + 256GB solid state drive for data storage.
The laptop sports a 15.6-inch 120Hz display, which comes with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, making it clear and vivid. For the graphics, the device is powered by an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card with a dedicated memory of 6GB.
1. Tremendous value for the money
2. Excellent, large, clear display (not a Mac Retina display but very decent for a laptop).
3. No issues at all updating Windows and using the machine for my laboratory work.
4. Lighted keyboard with a superb touch (too bad the trackpad isn’t as well designed as the keyboard!). If you type a lot, you will LOVE this keyboard.
5. Decently quiet given that it has a spinning rust HDD inside.
6. Seems very performant, and handles my image processing tasks well (I probably need to play some graphics-intensive games on this to get a good feel for how it performs with applications like those).
7. Audio quality from the built in speakers is decent. As is usually the case, connect the machine up to an external audio system or headphones if you want wall-shaking sound. The RealTek audio controls are very sparse, and if you are going after multi-channel sound, you would most likely want to add an external audio interface or use multi-channel USB headphones.
8. The sleep/wake cycle is very stable, and nothing “weird” happens at those transition points (if you’ve ever had a laptop, running any OS, that has done strange things like lock up when you try to wake it up, you’ll appreciate the stability that this machine offers in this area).
9. Having about 388GB of free space on the SSD and 931GB of free space on the HDD is absolutely fantastic. If you do anything with large data sets such as high resolution images, you’ll appreciate this space!
1. I need more time with the system to get a good feel for how it performs.
2. The right hand side USB 3 port has issues with USB bus bandwidth such that I can’t use my OMAX 18.0MP USB3.0 Digital Camera for Microscope with 0.01mm Calibration Slide (Windows 8 & 10, Mac OS X, Linux Compatible) microscope camera connected to that port. I will contact ASUS to see if that’s a known issue. It’s not a deal breaker for me because the left had side of the laptop has 2 USB 3.0 ports and one USB-C port, and all of those ports support my camera without issue, even when running through an Anker USB 3.0 9-Port Hub + 5V 2.1A Smart Charging Port with 12V 5A Power Adapter USB 3.0 hub.
3. The trackpad is way too sensitive. I have an external display connected to the machine and use an external Logitech MX Master Wireless Mouse – High-precision Sensor, Speed-adaptive Scroll Wheel, Thumb Scroll Wheel, Easy-Switch up to 3 Devices – Navy mouse, so this is not a big issue for me unless I am using the trackpad. The sensitivity issue is that just brushing my finger across the trackpad causes my finger to be registered as a movement and as a selection click. This leads to unexpected operation. Since I am using the external mouse most of the time, this trackpad issue isn’t a deal breaker for me.
ASUS ROG Strix GL702ZC 17-Inch Gaming Laptop
Gaming laptops list cannot be completed without the ASUS’s ROG gaming beasts. That said, ROG is solely in the gaming arena for over the years. The laptops from ASUS comes with dedicated gaming configuration and body chassis to enhance the gaming experience and make it more immersive.
Well, if we talk about this particular model, then it sports a huge 17.3-inch Full-HD display supporting AMD’s Free-Sync technology which makes gameplays buttery smooth. Under the hood, the laptop is powered by an AMD 8-core Ryzen 7 1700 processor paired with a massive 16GB of RAM.
For graphics, the laptop comes with a dedicated AMD Radeon RX 580 graphics with 4GB graphics memory. Storage on the device is backed by 1TB of 7200RPM HDD and 256GB of NVMe based faster solid state drive. The laptop comes with a red backlit keyboard, which gives it a complete hardcore gaming experience.
The processor is great and effecient for 3d rendering and video editing.
I ordered my unit with 32 gigs of ram instead of 16 to get a smoother performance with video post production.
The display is nice and bright but a 4k display would have been more appreciated
the built in speakers are excellent.
the battery life is disappointing. I tried to watch a movie and I didn’t make it through the half of it before the battery was completely depleted.
The GPU is not bad but i think adding the 8 gigs version of rx 580 was going to be better than the 4 gigs version for gamers and for video professionals as well.
My unit has a coil whine which is a buzzy sound that occurs when the GPU is stressed but i don’t know if that’s an issue with the model or just my unit.
Another annoying noise comes from fans that can go pretty loud while gaming or rendering heavy tasks.
I noticed some times the fans vary in speed repeatedly creating a more annoying noise that sounds like an optical drive trying to initiate reading . But in terms of function they are doing a fine job cooling the monster disktop class CPU and the power hungry GPU.
The CPU temperature reaches 45 to 55 degrees performing normal tasks but more demanding tasks like long periods of gaming rise up the temperature to 80- 90 degrees
ASUS ROG Strix Scar Edition 17.3″ Gaming Laptop
ASUS’s ROG Strix series of laptops have now earned a decent name and reputation in the global laptop market, and this is one of their recently launched laptops which comes with Intel’s newest Coffee Lake processor.
It is powered by a 3.9GHz hexa-core Intel core i7 processor coupled with 16GB of RAM. Although the laptop falls under the gaming series of laptops, it can still outlast most of the all-purpose laptops out in the market. Thanks to the latest and greatest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics co-processor inside, the laptop can handle almost all the games you throw at it at around 80fps.
On a full charge, the laptop can outlast for more than 5 continuous hours, which is a decent backup considering the configuration it packs in and its 17 inch full HD 120Hz display. ASUS ROG Strix Scar Edition has thus managed to creep into our list of best gaming laptops under $1500.
– Very crisp, colorful screen.
– Excellent keyboard.
– Great styling
– Top-notch combination of components
– Minimal bloatware from the manufacturer
– Great hardware for the price
– keyboard is a joy to type on and I really like how it lights up and you can customize the colors
plenty of usb ports and HDMI etc…
– Horrible touch pad. Hopefully will be fixed with a driver update, but lags and skips terribly.
– Lid shows fingerprints easily.
– Battery life is only about 30 mins more than my (also gaming) laptop from 2013, expected a bit better from newer, more efficient components
– They really should have put a 512 GB ssd in, 256 is going to fill up very quickly.
– Needs another USB-C connector
Acer Predator Helios 300
Acer Predator Helios 300 G3-571-77QK Gaming Notebook comes with these high level specs:
- 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor 2.8GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.8GHz,
- 15.6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS display,
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM,
- 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory,
- 256GB SSD
- 4-cell Li-ion Battery (3220 mAh) Up to 7-hours Battery Life,
- 5.95 lbs. | 2.7 kg (system unit only) (NH.Q28AA.001)
-GTX 1060 easily pushes 1080p monitor
-Cooling seems to do a good job
-m.2 is PCIe/NVMe compatible
-free 2.5″ bay with mounting included
-Not too bulky
-Single USB 3 port
-USB C is NOT thunderbolt 3
-finger prints show easily on metal exterior
The build quality is instantly obvious. It is well made both in material quality as well as design. The first thing I did after unboxing was create a backup using a USB 3 stick which took ~1 hour. After that I opened it up and replaced the 256GB m.2 SATA SSD with a Samsung 960 EVO Series – 500GB NVMe – M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V6E500BW) drive. The process was a little difficult as I wasnt sure how to get the base off after unscrewing all 15-16 screws. As it turns out, with the base facing up and the back facing away from you that you pull from the back vents up. The base has all around the perimeter plastic snaps that require a little effort to unsnap by pulling. Be careful these are easy to break. I broke 1 in my efforts which hasnt had any adverse effects but I could see 3+ being a problem. Once the bottom was off the m.2 is near the ram. 1 screw to release the m.2 drive and getting it back together was not issue. I also put a Samsung 850 Evo 500GB/SATA in the 2.5″ bay.
I have only played Overwatch so far, but it runs at a solid 60fps @ 1080p with Ultra settings. I know not the most intense game but still impressive. The screen also impressed me. After doing a ton of research in general and alot on this specific laptop the general complaint seemed to be the monitor. I can tell you unless you are a professional photographer/graphics designer who needs precise color that the monitor is impressive for what it is. It is the MOST matte display I have ever seen, virtually 0 reflectivity. Its 1080p, sharp, 60hz. You dont get premium features like G-Sync but if you run solid 60fps in a game theres no real advantage and its not worth $200-300 more just for that feature in my opinion.
Coming from a desktop i7 4770k @ 4.4GHz with a GTX 1070 I am very impressed with this laptop. I needed the mobility as I will be working out of state and travelling alot. I notice no difference in speed, if anything this laptop is a bit faster (most likely thanks to the 960 Evo SSD). It also puts out way less heat then my desktop did. In a relatively small 3rd bedroom/office my desktop could easily heat the room up to the point of needing to open a window or point a fan into the room to direct cool air in. This laptop is not nearly as hot.
The cooling in this laptop is great. In a really quite setting you can hear the fans, more so under load, but in typical settings for me with a fan on or a tv on in another room I cant hear them (especially with headphones on). The Predator Sense app is simple and makes controlling the fans easy. Without CoolBlast turned on max rpm of the fans is mid 4k, with it on the max goes up over 6k but adds a noticeable decrease in temps. I usually toggle it on when I know ill be gaming for a few hours. Temps are reasonable in my opinion (Celsius):
GPU: 60min/70max (GTX 1060 disables when not gaming, so temp is min/max gaming)
In conclusion, for ~$1k you get a 7700HQ, GTX 1060, 16GB DDR4, nice matte 1080p screen, quality build, NVMe capability, free 2.5″ bay, backlit keyboard. Cant go wrong at this price especially when nothing else competes with similar specs.
Acer Aspire V17 Nitro Black Edition
Acer’s Aspire iteration of laptops has always been praised by the audience for their reliable performance alongside, it has also been one of the most trusted brands of gaming laptops. Acer Aspire V17 is a gaming-resorted multi-purpose laptop which can handle almost any of the graphics intensive game.
High Octane Performance
The Acer Aspire V Nitro Black Edition is the ideal device for those seeking high-quality entertainment on a notebook. Under the hood the newest 7th Gen Intel Core processor lets you enjoy more power, more battery life, and more high-quality entertainment on the go. Get more done as you move quickly and easily between all your favorite apps, and take your productivity, creativity, and entertainment to the next level.
Leap into Full HD action with NVIDIA’s new GeForce GTX 1060 Graphics with 6GB of GDDR5 Video Memory, one of the most advanced gaming graphics created. Discover unprecedented performance, power efficiency, and gaming experiences—driven by the new NVIDIA Pascal architecture. This ultimate gaming platform is VR ready, just plug in a VR headset and step into a new world.
The Acer V Nitro connects wirelessly through 802.11ac 2×2 MU-MIMO technology. Experience up to 3x faster performance, when connected to an 802.11ac based router, making everything from online gaming to streaming video both faster and more reliable. Connectivity comes in the form of a USB Type-C port with Thunderbolt 3 for speeds up to 10Gbps and support for dual 4K video output simultaneously, two USB 3.0 ports (one featuring power-off USB charging), two USB 2.0 ports, and HDMI connection.
A large 1TB hard disk drive provides plenty of room for all of your multimedia files while keeping the notebook thin and light.
Great machine, great form factor. Coming from a V17 from back in the DDR3 ram, GeForce 860M days, this is an extremely welcomed upgrade. WD Blue M.2 SSD and upgrade this sucker to a WD Blue or SanDisk 3D SSD for the scratch Disk, along with 32GB of DDR4 ram (PC4-19200) and you’re off to the races!
The GeForce 1060 is a beast, and running affordable SSDs for system and scratch disks, along with 32GB of RAM, makes this QUITE the formidable video editing machine.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Black Edition’s unleashes the power of Tobii Eye Tracking to deliver a richer, more immersive gaming experience. This new technology delivers an unforgettable experience by responding to where you look and what you see—mimicking actions that occur in real life! Now you can aim at a target, shoot and explore game environments in a way that engulfs the senses.
Let the Aspire V Nitro series be your gaming and entertainment hub with its impressive 17.3 Full HD Widescreen LED-backlit IPS Display with a true 16:9 cinematic format. From game play to watching a movie, you’ll experience consistent, brilliant color and a full viewing experience from any perspective.
The high-quality entertainment experience is also driven by the audio technologies featured on the Aspire V Nitro, including four speakers tuned with Dolby Audio Premium and Acer TrueHarmony Plus technology. The one-of-a-kind speaker design limits audio distortion, delivers a wide range of bass, and boosts volume so that it fills the room ensuring movies come to life, songs have more depth, and games are even more engaging.
With the HD Webcam and Skype for Business Certification, you can call, video chat, message, and share files seamlessly with crisp and lag-free quality and a great Cortana with Voice experience on Windows 10. Connect with friends across the web and enjoy crystal clear and instant communications without echoes, gaps or lags.
Windows 10 Home is the best combination of the Windows you already know, plus lots of great improvements you’ll love. Technologies like InstantGo* let you boot up and resume quickly and everything runs fast and smooth; all Windows 10 devices now have Battery Saver to automatically conserve power – so you can work longer and play harder. And with Cortana**, you have a personal digital assistant who works across all your Windows 10 devices to help you get things done.
Worth noting: the Thunderbolt port does have great blazing fast read speeds (clocked it around 425MB/s with my Samsung 850 Pro SSD), but the write speed is super limited (clocked in around 125MB/s). The same SSD moved to one of the USB 3 ports on the side clocked equal read and write speeds over 400MB/s. So it’s great to have the extra port for super fast read speed (dumping data from cards) and leaving free two whole super-fast write-speed ports for transferring that data over to.
HP OMEN 15 Gaming Laptop
HP alongside introducing its mid-range gaming laptops portfolio have also introduced high-end gaming laptops in the form of OMEN series of laptops. The 2018 OMEN laptops come with an RGB keyboard, which complements the gaming experience on this laptop.
The laptop is very attractive and well-made. The lid could be sturdier, but that’s an issue that I’ve encountered with all the laptops that I’ve owned. The keyboard feels surprisingly great; it’s nice to type on. The touchpad is responsive and has physical left and right buttons, which I don’t like, but I know many people do. The charger is very pretty. One charge lasts at least 3 hours while doing web surfing, downloading apps, and watching Youtube.
- Play the latest games, including Fortnite, PUBG, and Overwatch, from anywhere—without sacrificing performance
- 8th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H Processor, 6-Core, 2.2GHz up to 4.1GHz for superior gaming performance
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5 dedicated). VR READY. 15.6-inch diagonal FHD IPS anti-glare micro-edge WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080)
- 16 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (upgradable with 2 accessible memory slots). 128 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD. 1 TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD
- Dragon Red independent zone backlit keyboard w/ RGB lighting, full size directional arrow keys, and outlined WASD keys for instant recognition
- Battery life: Up to 6 hours and 15 minutes (mixed usage); up to 4 hours (video playback); up to 3 hours and 15 minutes (wireless streaming)
- Dimensions and weight (unpackaged): 14.17 inches (W) x 10.35 inches (D) x 1.02 inch (H); 5.56 pounds
- Operating system: Windows 10 Home
The device provides exceptionally good viewing angles and has a very powerful audio output making it a perfect multi-purpose and gaming laptop under $1500.
Lenovo Legion Y720 Gaming Laptop
There are quite a lot of people out in the market, whose primary requirement from their laptop is to be attractive, and stylish. If you come under such category, then the Lenovo Legion Y720 is the perfect fit for your under $1500. A dazzling-metal built laptop, finished in black color with red accents and border lines, makes the Lenovo Legion Y720 unique in the segment. But wait, how does this laptop perform?
- Push your gaming and VR exhilaration to the limit with Windows Mixed Reality Ultra. This PC is compatible with Windows Mixed Reality headsets, 15.6-inch Full HD IPS anti-glare LED backlight 1920 x 1080 display
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5 graphics memory, Intel Core i7-7700HQ Quad-Core processor, 2.80 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.80 GHz
- Choose from a) 8GB/12GB/16GB/24GB/32GB DDR4 RAM; and b) 1st HDD (boot) 128GB/256GB/512GB SSD for better performance; and c) optional 2nd Optical Drive: 1TB/2TB Hard Drive for extra storage space; A solid State Drive (SSD) will boost the overall performance for the computer
- 3 x USB 3.0, 1 x Thunderbolt USB Type-C, 1 x Mini DisplayPort, 1 x HDMI, Headphone output/Microphone input combo, RJ-45 LAN; 802.11ac (Miracast enabled), Bluetooth 4.1, 720p webcam, 4 in 1 (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC), JBL speakers and subwoofer, Dolby Atmos
- Windows 10 brings back the Start Menu from Windows 7 and introduces new features, like the Edge Web browser that lets you markup Web pages on your screen.| 1-Year UpgradePro Limited Warranty* | View description and warranty section below for more details.
The laptop is the best in the segment when it comes to the battery life. It can stay juiced up for about 7 continuous hours, making it a perfect choice for under 1500 dollar gaming laptop.