- The Smart Start engine and starter have been designed so the machine starts quickly with minimum effort
- A carburetor air purge system removes air from the carburetor and fuel system for easy starting
- When the machine is turned off, the stop switch automatically returns to the start position for easier starting
- The rear handle is adjustable to facilitate cutting the sides and top of hedges
- Anti-vibration dampeners absorb vibration, reducing stress on the user’s arms and hands
Designed and built to increase productivity and minimize fatigue during operation, the Tanaka TCH22EAP2 gas powered hedge trimmer boasts a powerful 21.1 cc Pure Fire 2-cycle engine at a mere 9.5 pounds. Fast and easy starting is provided by a purge bulb as well as S-Start which reduces the amount of pull-force required by 50 percent. This commercial grade hedge trimmer features a 5-position rear handle which provides for more comfortable operation and a forward-facing exhaust to prevent burnt hedges.
For added safety, the 20″ commercial grade cutting blades are equipped with rounded tips. The Tanaka TCH22EAP2 gas hedge trimmer is ideal for homeowners who demand performance, reliability and durability all backed by an industry leading 7-year consumer warranty. Additional specifications and features include: 3,760 strokes per minute, 9.5 pounds, 10.1 fluid ounce fuel tank capacity, cut branches up to 3/4″ thick, 50:1 gas/oil ratio, CARB/EPA compliant (300 hour rated), 18″ effective blade length, 30mm blade pitch, 2 face blades, reciprocating upper and lower blades, includes box wrench (10 x 19 mm) with Philips screwdriver, blade case.
- Tanaka 21.1cc commercial grade 2-cycle engine for maximum reliability and durability
- 5 position rear handle for maximum comfort and maneuverability
- Forward-facing exhaust prevents burnt hedges
- 20″ dual reciprocating commercial grade blades with safety tips
- Purge bulb and S-Start for quick and easy starts.
- Powerful 23cc 2 cycle full crank engine for maximum cutting performance
- Durable dual-action stainless Steel blades cut up to 22″ wide and limbs up to 1″ in diameter
- Rotating handle with comfort grip and advanced anti-vibration for superior comfort, reduced fatigue and maximum cutting control
- Lightweight design at Only 11.1 lbs
Yard maintenance includes keeping everything above ground neat and tidy
No overgrown hedge is too tough for the all-new Poulan Pro PR2322 gas-powered hedge trimmer. Equipped with a 23cc, full-crank, two-cycle engine, it’s powerful, easy to use, and perfect for trimming all sorts of shrubs and hedges around the yard. Featuring durable, stainless steel, dual-sided serrated blades, it cuts limbs up to 1” in diameter in swaths up to 22”. This lightweight trimmer features advanced anti-vibration technology for superior comfort and reduced fatigue, as well as a rotating rear handle with comfort grip for controlled cutting at any angle or orientation.
Poulan Pro PP2822 22-Inch 28cc 2 Cycle Gas Hedge Trimmer
The Poulan Pro PP2822 makes manicuring your shrubs easier than ever. The PP2822 is equipped with a 22-inch dual sided, serrated blades and backed by a powerful 28cc engine. The new swivel position handle also allows you to change positions for a more comfortable and secure grip.
- 28cc engine
- 22-inch cutting length
- Swivel position handle allows you to change positions for a more comfortable and secure grip.
- Dual sided, serrated blades
The gas power is the way to go! For its price range the Poulan Pro PP2822 is pretty unbeatable. The other gas brands are easily 50%-100% more expensive and I have heard that warranty service is pretty touch and go with any of them.
It cuts like a hot knife through butter on pretty much everything I threw at it, even 3/8″ thick branches on my tree . The motor runs as you would expect with some premix and a couple primer pumps, pull the rope and youre off to cut!The only thing is weight. I don’t know that other instruments of the same capacity are much lighter, but compared to the electric ones, this one will take some getting used to for the casual landscaper. Where it fails in weight, it makes up for in time spent actually working.
- >4.8A motor, 3/4 inch cutting capacity,extended reach design and powerful motor ideal for various trimming tasks;Built-in cord retainer keeps the extension in place and plugged in for uninterrupted use
- Dual-action and dual-edge trimming blade for easy shaping and sculpting with less vibration than single action blades
- 24 inch laser cutting blade with rust-resistant hardened steel for cleanly,and quickly cutting,Two-hand safety switch and the large hand guard prevents accidental operation during working
- 180 degrees Rotary rear handle with soft rubber grip makes it easy,comfortable to trim at different angles,lightweight design for effectively and effortless using
- Full 2 years warranty.
I already own gas powered hedge trimmers and purchased this one for a backup. Our entire yard is ‘fenced’ with thick, tall heavy hedges. So we get a LOT of use from our hedge trimmers.
First of all, these trimmers arrived completely assembled and ready to use out of the box. The box is shaped to the trimmers, so no huge bulky box to dispose of. They have a nice guard covering the blades, which I appreciate so that, when stored, you don’t accidentally slice open an appendage accidentally while reaching around it. The plug is a two prong. So you don’t need a three prong extension cord.
1. These hedge trimmers are very lightweight. This feature makes me like these over my gas powered ones because our bushes are tall and I don’t like holding the heavier gas powered ones over my head or for a long period of time.
2. They are very sharp and sliced right through our thick hedges like butter.
3. They are nice looking and easy to use and store.
4. There is a safety bar, like a lawn mower has, so if you drop them, they stop immediately.
1. They require an extension cord, which you must purchase separately. I rocemmend buying a long one for ease of use.
2. When you hold the trimmers up higher, the cord tends to fall off, unplugging the machine. I recommend a strip of duct tape to keep the two attached.
Overall, these are very nice hedge trimmers, especially for the price. I would certainly recommend to a friend.