- Provides maximum productivity by removing stubborn and high torque fasteners up to 2X faster than the competition
- Most compact cordless High Torque Impact Wrench in its class at 8.39″ in length
- Industry leading 4-mode drive control with bolt removal mode, allowing for ultimate control.
- REDLINK PLUS™ intelligence prevents damage to the tool and battery due to overloading or overheating
- REDLITHIUM™ batteries deliver more work per charge and more work over the life of the battery
- Features a friction ring design to ensure quick and easy socket changes
- Premium rubber overmold withstands corrosive materials and provides increased comfort when in use
- LED light to illuminate the work area
- Frameless motor for extended tool durability and life
- Compact size and weight allow access into tighter areas and reduces user fatigue
- 1,740 in-lbs of torque to perform a wide range of fastening applications
- 0-2,400 rpm/0-2,700 ipm for faster application speed
- Replaceable brushes for increased serviceability; Textured anti-slip comfort grip provides maximum comfort
- Highly recommended
This tool is very lightweight and packs a serious punch. I’ll keep my review short and simple, but here’s the gist of the review:
- 450 ft./lbs. of max torque
- Extremely short profile, full length of less than 3-7/8″
- Incredibly lightweight at 3.0lbs
- 3 forward and 3 reverse settings
- Innovative twin hammer design
What I like:
It’s solid, compact, and has tons of torque for its size. It’s also cost effective, and it’s honestly not very loud for what you’re getting. This tool with take most things off and provide access where you never thought you could reach. I checked for any excessive play and I found none; the tolerances felt great. It also comes with a real comfortable soft rubber removable grip, and that’s definitely a nice touch. This impact is also significantly lighter which was a nice plus.(we have written a guide about chainsaw).
What I don’t like:
the trigger is a bitter stiffer in response than I’d like, but there’s also 6 different settings to pick from that negates that idea. The switches are also not workable with one hand currently, but the good news is – they are definitely easy to tell when you’ve firmly selected the setting.
Whether you’re fastening or removing nuts and bolts, you can definitely depend on the ACDelco ANI405 1/2-inch Twin Hammer Impact Wrench. Powerful and perfectly balanced, this tool features a hard-hitting twin hammer mechanism that pushes out 500 ft.-lbs. maximum torque and 7,000 RPM of free speed. Built with an aluminum alloy housing, the ANI405 can handle any conditions thrown at it, either automotive maintenance or repair needs. Due to differences in usage settings, stated capacity may alter.
It would be nice if any piece of documentation discussed torque values.
I tightened lug nuts on setting 1.
Then I tightened with a torque wrench and I got an additional 10° of rotation.
So, I’m guessing setting 1 is about 85-90 ft-lbs.
• 500 ft.-lbs. maximum torque
• Powerful and durable TWIN HAMMER mechanism
• Durable aluminum alloy housing
• Forward: 3 Speeds; Reverse: 1 Speed
• Handle exhaust design
• Free speed: 7,000 RPM
• Standard Bolt Size: 5/8-Inch
• Air Consumption: 3.9 CFM
• Overall length: 7-1/4 inch
• Air Pressure: 90 PSI
• Tool weight: 5.72 lbs
• Due to differences in usage settings, stated capacity may alter.
I started the lugs by hand after moving the tires and set the tool to 2. I set the truck down and pulled out my torque wrench and set it to 100 ft lbs. Every lug nut was at least 100 ft lbs. Awesome.In addition, the impact itself has a really great finish and the adjustments are notchy and precise. I do have an in-line oiler/dryer so I did notice a small amount of oil coming out of the exhaust, but that’s to be expected.
I’m been around shops all my life and I have seen and heard the Ingersoll Rand name a lot so I wanted to see what it would do. I got my mower jacked up and put the 15/16 socket on the impact wrench and kit the trigger. Boom, where did the nut go. I hit the other two blade nuts and it was just boom and they were off. I changed three blades in no time and my compressor never kicked on. This is a great wrench. This thing is powerful. And a good looking wrench. I am very happy I purchased this tool. I wish I had bought it first.