There are plenty of best multimeters under 100 dollars on the market nowadays, which is a good thing because you’re able to have a choice. However, finding a perfect multimeter for your needs isn’t an easy task. There are a few factors you should pay attention to before opting for one particular product. All of these units have one thing in common – a price under $100. However, not all of them are the same. In fact, some multimeters offer more features than others, while others offer a better quality or a higher resolution. It’s all about your personal preferences. As you can see, the main element in this group of products is the affordability. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a professional or an amateur, you’ll certainly find these multimeters useful and worth having. In fact, everyone should have at least one meter in their household because it can sometimes save money and most importantly – time. In other words, you don’t have to call a repairer and wait for the intervention. Instead, you can do it yourself with the help of one of these multimeters.
The second is the instruction manual: unless you already know how to use a multimeter, it won’t help you. Remember:
* To measure voltage, set to Voltage, select AC/DC, connect probes to COM and Voltage ports, set to voltage, connect probes.
* To measure resistance, unplug the device you’re measuring from the battery!, set to Resistance, connect probes COM and Voltage ports (yes, voltage and resistance share ports), connect probes.
* To measure current, set to current, connect probes to COM and current ports (250mA or 10A), then complete the circuit using the device. Most AA batteries probably provide more than 250mA, though, so unless you’re testing very small electronics, you’ll burn the fuse.
But if you’re willing to learn and to use the device outside of dark areas, you won’t regret getting this unit.
Take a look at these short reviews and see if you find something of interest to you.
- Dmm + Lux meter + humidity meter + sound level meter + thermometer
- 20%-95% RH 40-100 dB 40000 Lux -4-1832f 0-200 kHz 0-100 UF
- LED/sound warning shows you where to plug the test leads
- Built-in temperature & humidity sensors show you the environmental temperature and humidity
- Blue LED back-lit LCD display
This is a good multimeter…it’ll please both home owners and those who tinker with electronics. It sacrifices a little accuracy, but makes up for it in price, build quality, and extra features. Sure, you may not be able to tell 1.25 VDC apart from 1.26–and if that’s what you need, you should buy a Fluke–but if you can afford to sacrifice 0.7% in accuracy, stay with it.
There are a few shortcomings that prevented me from giving this unit a 5. The first is the back-light: it turns itself off after only 10 seconds. If it had been a minute, or even 30 secs, I would have been content.
Mastech MS8209 all in one meter measures Sound, Light,Humidity,Temperature and more. Designed to combine the functions of a Sound Level Meter, Light Meter, Humidity Meter, Temperature Meter and Digital Multimeter One meter at home, you know all you need to know. DCV: 0/400mV/4V/40V/400V/600V +- 0.7% ACV:0V/4V/40V/400V/60V +- 1.0% (True RMS) DCA: 40mA/400mA/10A +-0.5% ACA: 40mA/400mA/10A +-1.5% Ohm: 400/4K/40K/400K/4M/40M +-1.2% Capacitance: 4nF/40nF/400nF/4uF/40uF/200uF Frequency: 9.999Hz/99.99Hz/999.9Hz/9.999KHz/ 99.99KHz/1 99.9KHz-200KHz +- 0.5% Duty Cycle: 0.1 -99.9% +-3.0% Temp: -20 oC – 1000 oC +- 1.0% ( Two Ranges) Humidity (RH):30 – 90 % Sound Level: 35 – 100 dB (0.1dB/3.5%) Luminance : Lux (4,000) – 10X Lux( 40,000) 5.0% Audible Continuity test with Diodes test. Data Hold Function Transform: DC/AC selectable Range Transform: Auto ranging and manual ranging selectable. HZ/DUTY Transform Relative Transform: You can zero the meter by pushing relative button. Back Light: Beautiful neon style back light makes measurement possible in darkness. Click here to see the Back Light Auto Power off: In 15 minutes, the meter will auto power off with 5 short buzz and one long warning buzz. Back Stand up Holder Nylon carrying pouch, 9V battery included
- 20%-95% rh 40-100 db 40000 lux -4-1832f 0-200 kHz 0-100 uf
- LED/sound warning shows you where to Plug the test leads
- Dc1000v/10a/frequency/capacitance 200Uf 40M ohm/transistor hfe test/diode test
- Built-in temperature & humidity sensors show you the environmental temperature and humidity
- Dmm + lux meter + humidity meter + sound level meter + Thermometer
This meter is a handheld measuring instrument 5 in 1 type, this product has: relative value measurement function, automatic power-off function, large lcd with backlight, multi-functional combination as a whole.
The instrument can be used to measure dc voltage, AC voltage, dc current, AC current, resistance, capacitance, frequency and duty cycle, DIODE test, connection test, temperature and humidity measurements, measuring brightness, regardless professionals, factories, schools, hobbies or home use, are an ideal multi-function instrument.
Dc voltage measurement 400Mv/4V/40V/400V/1000V ± (0.7% + 2)
AC voltage measurement 400Mv/4V/40V/750V ± (0.8% + 3)
DC current measurement 400μa/4000Ua/40Ma/400Ma ± (1.2% + 3) 10a ± (2.0% + 10)
AC current measurement 400μa/4000Ua/40Ma/400Ma ± (1.5% + 3) 10a ± (3.0% + 10)
Resistance measurement 400ω/4kω/40kω/400kω/4mω ± (1.2% + 5) 40mω ± (2.0% + 5)
Capacitance measurement 40Nf/400Nf/4μf/40μf/100μ ± (3.0% + 3)
Frequency measurement 10Hz ~ 100Khz ± (1.0% + 5)
Duty cycle measurement 1% ~ 99% ± (2.0% + 2)
Temperature measurement -20 ° c ~ 1000 ° c ± (2.0% + 2) -4 ℉ ~ 1832 ℉ ± (2.0% + 2)
Humidity measurement 30% ~ 95% ± 5.0%
Noise measurement 35Db ~ 100Db ± 3.5%
Light measurement 4000Lux/40000Lux ± 5.0%
√ Display 6000 count automatic and manual range
√ Relative measurement
√ The maximum/minimum holding
√ Data hold
√ Non-contact voltage detector (ncv)
√ DIODE test
√ Power 4 x 1.5V aa safety rating ce cat.iii1000v cat.iv600v rohs
1 x multimeter
1 x test lead (100cm)
I purchased this meter as a replacement for my aging Beckman which is now 31 years old and is still working ok but has less features on it. It arrived well packed in the usual Amazon outer box inside of which was another stout cardboard box and inside that was the colourful presentation box in English. The meter itself is packed in a black zip up soft case with the leads alongside. The meter uses 2 AAA batteries not 9V as marked on the back cover and is surrounded by a soft rubbery protective holster to guard against knocks. There are two slots moulded into the back of it to store the probes when not being used, a flip out support is provided to prop the meter up when in use. A quick perusal inside revealed a good quality glass fibre double sided printed circuit board with metalised screening card inside the back cover which was grounded by a spring.
The meter itself measures 7.5 inches x 3.5 inches and is 1.75 inches thick. The main switch has a positive feel about it and is easy to turn and locates well at each position. Being auto ranging you don’t have to worry about selecting the correct range, it does that automatically and you can switch from AC to DC just by pressing the blue AC/DC button. This button also disables the default auto time off after 15 mins, if pressed at the same time as switching the meter on.
The display characters are just short of an inch high and very clear. The probes and leads supplied were of good quality and are rated cat III @ 1000V. 20A. They fit firmly into the 4mm sockets with no slack and are of low resistance.
I did some basic tests on DC voltage using my lab power supply which has an accurate digital read out to two decimal places, the meter stabilizes quite quickly and the readings were within 0.01 (10 millivolts) of the set voltage on the power supply, repeatability was excellent each time. This test was carried out over the range of 1V to 29.99V (the max output of the Power supply)
AC voltage compared well with with my old Beckman meter, but generally this is less critical.
Next test was the capacitor test for this I used a close tolerance 2mfd motor capacitor, the reading obtained was 2.00mfd, spot on. Note, if testing large capacity electrolytics allow time for the cap to charge up fully for an accurate reading.
The frequency test confirmed the mains frequency as being exactly 50hz.
The ohms test, checking a high stability close tolerance 300 ohm resistor gave a reading of 301 ohms. An excellent result.
Temperature readings using the supplied probe in the steam from boiling water in a kettle gave a figure of 103deg C. within the published spec.
This meter can also check the duty cycle of pulse width modulation of square waves, has hold facility to lock the display on a reading, max min button, a range button so that you can select a particular range manually, and has wide current ranges both DC and AC up to 20amps. (Note, the meter is internally fused at 10 Amps on the 20Amp range and 0.5 Amps on the lower ranges, quick blow type.)
A transistor test is built in to check the hfe of both pnp & npn transistors, the wires just plug into the sockets provided. A bar graph is provided at the bottom of the scale, this gives a linear readout of the measurement akin to the old analogue meters with a pointer and is useful if you just want to know if a voltage is present without waiting for an exact figure to stabilise on the display.
I was quite surprised at the quality and accuracy of this meter given the price, and it has enough features to suit the requirements of virtually everybody who has the need for a test meter in their life…..
Pictures show actual readings obtained from my lab power supply, no 5 is capacitance range checking a 2 mfd capacitor, no 6 is on the ohms range testing a 300 ohm resistor of known accuracy (orange, black, brown) the results speak for themselves.
Update: There seems to be some misunderstanding and confusion among some users of digital multimeters as to what to expect and how they typically operate. This is compounded by the fact that many of these are of the auto ranging type which means that the meter automatically sets the range sensitivity for you and will always start at the most sensitive range which is the millivolt one. This is the reason why there are some complaints about the numbers continuously changing when switched on.
Digital meters have a high input impedance and very high sensitivity this renders them susceptible to static voltage pickup from the test leads which act like aerials. These voltages are of a few millivlots only but sufficient to make the display continuously change, however this has no bearing on the final reading accuracy PROVIDING a good clean contact is made between the probe point and the test item, any dirt or tarnish on the test surface will result in varying readings. Make sure that the probe points penetrate through any such contamination to the clean metal underneath. It is not necessary for the display to be at zero before taking a reading with a digital meter (unlike an analogue meter which must be zeroed first) it simply reads what is there, it does not add the initial display reading to the actual voltage reading. Shorting the probes together will eliminate the static problem momentarily, and you will see the display count down to zero, but it is not necessary to wait for this before taking a reading. More expensive meters will count down more quickly to zero but in real life situations this is of no consequence and adds to the initial cost of the meter.
- Latest Version 3 5/6 Digital Multimeter—-This multimeter provides LCD Display with a maximum reading of 5999 and up to 2000uF.
- Measuring Ability—-With this autoranging multimeter, it not only measures AC/DC voltage and current, resistance, frequency, duty cycle but also temperature.
- Special Features—-Low Battery Voltage Indication, Overload Protection on all ranges, Data Hold Function.
- Protective Rubber Sleeve & Stand —- Provide some protection against knocks and bumps and Built-in support stand for hand free use.
- Offer 2pcs 1.5V AAA batteries, a pair of test leads & K-type temperature probe. You could use our multimeter right away .
- LARGE RANGE MEASURING – 6000 Counts auto-ranging multimeter, DC Voltage to 1000V, AC Voltage to 750V, AC/DC Current to 10A, Resistance to 60MΩ, Capacitance to 100mF, with type K thermocouple, quickly solve the automotive and household electrical issues.
- PERFECT MULTIMETER- 2-3 times/sec for sampling, Built-in support stand for hand free use, Data hold and 2.7 inches large backlit LCD display for visibility in dimly light areas (The backlight & flashlight of the multimeter will operate at the same time)
- NCV SENSITIVE TEST: If AC voltage detected, the visible LED lights will shine according to the signal density (low, medium, high), the beeper sounds at different frequencies to indicate. If strong signal, red light brights. A general measurement multimeter.
- MEASURE SAFETY: Meet the requirements of 600V CAT IV 1000V CAT III , provide you the HIGHEST SECURITY during working, We commit ourselves to using quality multimeter to improve the quality of life. The problem of electricians is no longer a problem.
- WHAT YOU GET – Tacklife DM07 Digital Multimeter , 4 X 1.5V AA Battery English User’s Manual, Test Leads, K-type thermocouple, 24-Month Warranty. Please be assured to purchase Tacklife DM07 digital multimeter.
Tacklife Multimeter, DM01M Advanced Digital True RMS 6000
Tacklife DM01M Digital Multimeter 6000 Counts
All in one – Combination of a multirange DC/AC voltmeter, ammeter, and ohmmeter and combines several measurement functions in one unit, which can measure voltage, current, and resistance, Capacitance, Temperature, continuity and diode.
Outstanding performance -True RMS 6000 Counts offers you a highly accurate and presice measuring readings .Widly used in shools , factories home and various electronic device repairing . Not only suitable for professional electricians and technicians, but aslo for Beginners, Amateurs. A essential device for household circuit troubleshooting and repairing.
Scientific design – 2.7 inch large LCD dispaly screen with backlight . NCV & live line test . All accessories equipped completely. Soft rubber protective cover makes it more durable and protect it from breaking. Just choose it at ease.
Safety Rating: IEC61010, CE, ROHS, CAT III 1000V, CAT IV 600V
- FULL FEATURED: Able to test AC/DC Voltage, AC/DC Current, Resistance, Live line, Diode, Triode, Fuse, Capacitance, Temperature, Frequency etc. Sampling times at about 2~3 times per second. Maximum display 6000 counts. True RMS
- NCV, LIVE LINE TEST & TEMPERATURE MEASURING -Use NCV function to detecting the AC voltage in a Non-Contact way which avoids being any possible electric shock. Live Line Test to identify the null/live line. Temperature measurement allow you to know the temperature of the objects without directly hand touching
- EASY TO USE: 2.7″ large LCD sreen with backlight and rear light allows you to work freely in the dark. Not only suitable for car repair,home use, beginners, maintenance enthusiasts, but also for professional electricians and technicians
- SAFETY: This full featured multimeter meets CE, ROHS and en61010-1-2-030 CAT III 1000v CAT IV 600v en61010-2-033 standards. Overload & short-circuit protection cover all ranges, to ensure long-term service life
- Multimeter kit content: 1 x Tacklife DM01M Advanced Digital Multimeter, 1 x Test Leads (Pair), 1 x K-Type Thermocouple, 4 x AA Batteries, 1 x User Manual, 24-Month Warranty, Risk Free Return within 30 Days. (Red/Black Random Delivery: Red ones found in the reviews for reference)
Fantastic device and everything the reviews on Amazon and YouTube said it would be. Apart from the obvious voltage reading ability which is what the meter is designed for the two brilliant add ons are the live test using just the red lead and the temperature sensors.