Welders work in the automotive industry and in the construction industry, but no matter where they work, they must wear the right protective gear to stay safe. One of the most important pieces of equipment that you need on the job site is a best welding helmet, which keeps your eyes safe from flashes and also keeps your skin safe too. While there are different things you can look for in a welding helmet, we encourage you to look at the best helmet that we found too.
1) It has adjustable lower limit when dropping the helmet. So the helmet falls to the same place every time. The old one had no stop.
2) It has adjustable sensitivity. The old one was fixed and only had shade adjustment.
3) It has a grinder mode. Working outdoors with the old one the Sun was often enough to trigger the auto darkening. I can disable it on this one.
4) The helmet tightening system is better. It uses an o-ring to provide far better tension adjustment.
It comes with spare protective lens covers for the outside and one for the inside.
The solar feature works. I removed the batteries completely and the helmet still functions. There is a difference in the solar voltage compared to the battery voltage which affects the sensitivity. Mine is more sensitive on straight solar than with the batteries fitted. If the manufacturer added a simple Zener clamp (3.6Volt) and series diode to isolate the battery, the performance on battery and solar would be identical.
Since I do the occasional overhead weld this means either another helmet for that or put protective barriers on the mask when doing so.It’s a good enough helmet to let this go for my situation.
Given the price point . I would highly recommend this helmet, if you can live with the limitations. If you can’t then no price is low enough.
AEW Welders Welding Helmet by PROLINE
- Universal auto-darkening welding helmet. High definition protective filter. Permanent UV/IR protection
- High strong materials and fire retardant; Start work immediately
- Fashion appearance, ultra light designing, wearing comfortable. High performance solar cells and lithium battery
- Sensitivity and delay time is adjustable. Grinding and welding mode can be chosen
- Suitable applications include Stick (arc welding), MIG (Metal Inert Gas) TIG (Tungsten Inert Gas)
Nice auto darkening helmet for the price, but sometimes when welding low amperage sheet metal the lens doesn’t want to darken. I mainly weld with TIG and Stick. It works flawlessly with stick everytime, but overall I would buy it again!