After analyzing the results, we’ve got the skinny on which wet/dry vacs are right for you and which ones you should avoid.
This is a really powerful vacuum at 5-HP, and the large diameter hose size is in keeping with the suction. The blower feature is a nice plus – but not tried yet. It seems like it ought to come with the bristle brush attachment – but accessories are readily available at Home Depot, be sure and buy the 2½” diameter hose sizes.Two tools in one! This RIDGID 12-gallon wet dry shop vacuum is a tool that provides ultimate versatility. Not only does it boast an impressive 5.0 peak horsepower motor, great for heavy-duty cleanup, but this unique design also doubles as a detachable hand-held blower. The power head detaches from the vacuum drum and transforms into a 170 MPH blower, perfect for cleaning decks or driveways.
This heavy duty vac is also well equipped with an arsenal of tools such as the 8 foot locking Pro Hose, Qwik-Lock Pleated Paper Filter, Utility Nozzle, Car Nozzle, 2 Extension Wands and a Blower Wand. The caster feet not only provide easy mobility around the job site, but also a storage solution with their integrated recessed cavities for accessory storage.
Peak Horsepower represents a level at or below the maximum horsepower output of an electric motor tested in a laboratory using a dynamometer. Gallons indicated reflect drum volume, not necessarily collection capacity. Actual capacity dependent upon type of debris collected, condition of filter, and other
- Wet dry vacuum power head doubles as a high performance detachable leaf blower vacuum cleaner for added convenience and versatility
- Large drain allows for easy liquid disposal on this RIDGID wet dry vacuum cleaner and blower vac
- Caster feet allows for additional storage of accessories and the dual-flex locking hose on this RIDGID shop vacuum and blower
- The compact drum size and side carry handles makes this RIDGID shop vacuum and blower easily portable and maneuverable when transporting
- Patented Qwik-Lock filter makes filter changes for the RIDGID wet dry vacuum cleaner easy and eliminates the need for additional parts and tools
- If you want a beast of a shop vac, this one won’t disappoint!
DeWalt 10 gallon wet/dry vacuum is fantastic. Had a 5 gallon vacuum, that was too small and lacked suction. Currently have a 16 gallon vacuum, but it is too big, too loud, tends to fall over when you move while empty, and is hard to store.
The DeWalt 10 gallon vacuum is a great in between size makes it perfect for all sorts of jobs around the house. It works well in small rooms such as a half bath.Also a great feature in tight spaces is that it is quiet while running. Another nice feature is the rubberized wheels. We have tile floors and it can sound like a bowling alley when rolling items with hard casters. The rubberized casters on the DeWalt eliminate this annoyance too.
It has a well thought out accessory bag that surprised me by being spacious enough to hold the wands in addition to the nozzles. The combination of the handle design and accessory bag allows the vacuum, hose, 20′ power cord, and accessories to be neatly stored as a single unit.The DeWalt 10 gallon vacuum comes with a good selection of attachments including car nozzle so you are ready to work immediately.
While a big vacuum can hold a lot, you have to find a space to store it.
- Sturdy 10 Gallon dual-Stage wet/dry vac has quieter operation for clean-up applications.
- Powerful 5.5 peak horsepower motor provides just the amount of suction needed to most any cleanup job
- Ultra durable rubberized casters allow smooth swiveling for ease of movement
- Extra long, 20′ power cord with cord wrap helps reach almost any cleanup need
- Built-in blower port powerful enough to blow sawdust and debri from most any workshop
- Built-in accessory storage bag conveniently attached to the backside of the vac to keep all accessories neatly organized
- Large built-in tank drain makes it easy to remove liquids picked up
- This vac probably doesn’t need another 5-star review, there are already lots of perfectly good ones on this page, but I will add to its 5-star hit count.
I’ve used it on my carpeted stairs as well as outside for leaves. The vacuum did better than expected in both scenarios. I read a ton of amazon reviews on this product and it seems to get some negative feedback in terms of its reliability out of the box. People also complain a lot about the wheels falling off. I’m hoping to clear some of those reviews up.
Lets get the easy one out of the way first. The casters slide onto the bottom of the chassis. Vacmaster provides screws to secure the casters on. People who are complaining about them falling off, simply did not use the screws to secure the casters into place.As for the reliability out of the box. When I first plugged in the vacuum and started it up, it worked great. After about 5 minutes it shut off. My first thought was that I got a dud unit like some of the other reviews I read. After some trouble shooting I realized the vacuum tripped a breaker. I found this odd until I realized I had plugged it into an outlet that was running off a #15 breaker.
I’m assuming this was the case for most of the one star reviews the product received. I would suggest plugging this vacuum into a kitchen outlet. Most kitchen outlets are running off a #20 or higher breaker because they are meant to run appliances. Once I plugged into a kitchen outlet (#20 breaker) the thing worked like a dream. It has plenty of suction in vacuum mode and did very well in my smallish back yard as a leaf blower.That being said, you will definitely need an extension cord. Especially for me because most of the breakers in my house are #15’s. I have only used the unit three times and can’t attest to it’s reliability over an extended time, but with a two year warranty I’m not too worried. I love all of the on-board storage for the accessories. The hose also has a locking mechanism and stays connected to the chassis with no worries. This comes in handy when you’re pulling the unit around by the hose in vacuum mode.
- It was a good purchase in my mind and exceeds my needs.
This Vacmaster Professional Beast Series 5-Gallon 5.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vac is a powerful high-performance vac designed to tackle the toughest cleanup projects—at the jobsite, around the shop, or in the garage. On-board hose, accessory, and power cord storage eliminates unneeded hassle and minimizes total storage space. Over 25 ft. of cleaning reach (7’ hose and 18’ power cord) allows you to reach farther without unplugging the unit. Quickly control the power with the large dust sealed on/off switch. It also includes 8 accessories for nearly any task: 7 ft. x 1-7/8 in. kink resistant premium hose, utility nozzle, crevice tool, car nozzle, (1) extension wand, fine dust cartridge filter, foam wet filter, and air & noise diffuser.
- Best-in-class suction power and air flow easily tackles tough jobs around the jobsite, shop, or in the Garage (320 air watts, 102 CFM, and 82.6 in. Water Lift)
- Integrated hose, accessory and power cord organization provide space saving, convenient, and hassle-free storage
- Includes 7 ft. X 1-7/8 in. Kink resistant premium hose, utility nozzle, crevice tool, car nozzle, (1) extension wand, fine dust cartridge filter, foam wet filter, and air & noise diffuser
- Over 25 ft. Of cleaning reach (7’ hose and 18’ power cord) allows you to reach farther without unplugging the unit
- Quickly converts to a blower for jobsite, shop or Garage cleanup
This Armor All Utility Vac is specifically designed to clean the interior of your car. It handles both wet and dry pickup, includes all accessories needed for complete interior cleaning and easily converts to a blower to dry motorcycles, car grills and wheels. It also has an automatic shut off to prevent overflow and a built in air and noise diffuser for efficient and quiet operation.
From the Manufacturer
ArmorAll’s Utility Wet/Dry Vacs have the ability to clean up both solids and liquids, offering seemingly unlimited uses. The 2.5 gallon polypropylene tank is small enough to carry around, but large enough for most jobs. A 2 horsepower motor provides ample suction power, as well as an easy conversion to a blower function. Auto shut-off detects fill limit and prevents overflow. Top handle and onboard accessory storage make for easy carrying. Built-in air and noise diffuser minimizes volume. Other great features include a 10-foot cord with wrap, 6-foot, 1.25-inch hose, reusable cloth filter, reusable foam sleeve, 2-in-1 utility nozzle, crevice tool, deluxe car nozzle, blower nozzle, and detail brush. No assembly required.